Whole Grain Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins
Delightfully moist and tender with the perfect amount of sweetness. These whole grain Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins need to make it to your breakfast table.
- 2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Fill muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cook spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.