Sweet Potato Taquitos
Your next meatless Monday dinner is here! Sweet potato taquitos with black beans are such a flavorful and filling vegetarian meal that you won’t miss the meat.
- 3 cup sweet potato
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 15-ounce black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- Cook and peel sweet potatoes using your preferred method.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Finely dice half an onion and roughly chop 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves. Rinse and drain a can of black beans.
- Combine sweet potato, beans, cilantro, onion, and spices in a bowl. Mash together well.
- Fill 6-inch tortillas with about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling. Roll and place seam-side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve warm with guacamole, salsa and Greek yogurt for dipping.