Spinach and Mushroom Frittata
This is a quick and easy meal kids will just LOVE. Perfect for breakfast or lunch. In this recipe you can use any vegetables that you like.
- 9 eggs
- 5oz baby spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 oz white button mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 410° F.
- Prep by slicing the vegetables, crush garlic cloves.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat, add sliced onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until translucent. Add crushed garlic, sliced mushrooms and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened, add more olive oil if needed. Add baby spinach and cook 2-3 minutes more, stirring occasionally until wilted, season with salt.
- Pour egg-cheese mixture into the skillet, cook for 4-5 minutes. Grate some Parmesan cheese on top (optional) and bake for 15 minutes or until fully cooked and golden brown on top.