Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Easy Dried Fruit Sauce
This sweet and savory Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Easy Dried Fruit recipe combines dried fruit in a sweet, tart sauce that’s just perfect with hearty chops. And with only a few minutes of prep and minimal chopping, this warm and nourishing dinner can be prepared in just a few minutes!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ½ cup cranberries, dried
- 1 cup apples, dried
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 each pork chop, boneless
- 3 teaspoon thyme, fresh
- Stir the onion, applesauce, cranberries, apple rings, honey, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, then nestle them into the slow cooker on top of the onion and dried fruit mixture.
- Cover and cook on high until the pork is very tender, about 6-8 hours on low or 3-5 hours on high. The total amount of time will vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- When tender and cooked through, remove the pork chops from the slow cooker to a platter and skim or remove the fat from the surface of the sauce. Taste the sauce and stir in additional salt, pepper or apple cider vinegar to taste.
- Serve the pork chops warm with the sauce on top or on the side and sprinkled with fresh thyme.