Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Bowls
All the flavor of chicken enchiladas – the easy way…
Nutritious and quick to prep, these crock pot chicken enchiladas are sure to be a new favorite!
- 3 clove of garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 14.5 ounce of canned diced tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 pound of chicken breast
- 2 cup of your favorite brand’s enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon od ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 15 ounce of canned black beans
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 4 cup of cooked brown rice
- 2 medium avocados
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Mince garlic, and dice onion and red bell pepper into small pieces. Partially drain diced tomatoes by pouring off excess liquid from the top of the can.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Drop in diced onion, then chicken breasts, then pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce so that it coats the chicken.
- Next, pour in diced tomatoes, spices, salt, garlic, black beans, red bell pepper, and corn. Finally, pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce over everything and give a quick stir to the top ingredients.
- Turn slow cooker on “low” for 7-8 hours. Once chicken is tender, mix everything well. Use the mixing spoon to help shred or break up chicken into pieces of desired size.
- Serve over corn tortillas and/or cooked brown rice. Top with avocado, cilantro, cheese, and remaining ½ cup enchilada sauce, as desired.