Roasted Stuffed Pumpkin
Pumpkin season is here! This is how you can turn your sugar pumpkins into your bowl… Delicious, versatile (you can get creative with the stuffing) plus, it is always a fun time for the kids that like to get messy in the kitchen.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 15-ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium avocado (for topping)
- Cut top off pumpkin.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Place pumpkins in oven safe dish with pumpkin lid.
- Pour water into bottom of dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 410 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven, drain water, and fill pumpkins with stuffing.
- Return to oven with lids and foil and bake for 20 more minutes.
- You can fill the pumpkins with soup, or any sort of rice concoctions. Our Stuffing was: Quinoa and Black Beans.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add Quinoa, broth, cumin to pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add corn and black beans when Quinoa is cooked.