Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkins make such great Fall desserts! What better way to celebrate this season, plus use all the extra pumpkin leftover from Halloween projects than with this dreamy pumpkin chocolate swirl Bundt cake?
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup (215g) sugar
- 1 cup (235g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15-oz (425 g) canned or roasted pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup (185g) sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (295g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (118g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (10g) dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (118g) unsalted butter (browned is best), softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour 10 cup Bundt pan.
- Prepare the cake batter in a large bowl, combining the oil, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Once they are well combined add the pumpkin puree, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until it all comes together in a smooth batter.
- Prepare the streusel by combining the flour, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and butter until the mixture resembles corn meal, set aside.
- Pour ¼ of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the streusel over the batter. Pour ½ of the remaining cake batter into the pan. sprinkle ½ the remaining streusel over the batter. Repeat with remaining cake batter and finish with the last of the streusel.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a tester comes out with moist crumb.
- Allow to cool in pan for about 15 minutes, then turn cake out onto a serving dish. Once the cake is cool combine confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin spice for the topping and sprinkle it over the top of the cake.
- If you want a more sophisticated finish top with ganache. Heat the 6 ounces heavy cream to simmering in a small pot. Turn off the heat and add 6 ounces bittersweet chopped chocolate. Swirl the pan and allow to sit for 3 minutes. Gently whisk together and pour it or drizzle over the cooled cake.