These quick and easy pizza muffins are light, airy and very flavorful. These savory muffins can be made with a variety of additions and toppings, such as; olives, pepperoni, different cheeses and more.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of Tomato sauce (check out our Healthy and Delicious Marinara Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tray with oil and set it aside.
- In a large bowl whisk milk, eggs, oil, salt, garlic powder, oregano and other spices if desired.
- Add flour baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, olives and other topping/additions if desired.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Spread 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce on top of each muffin and sprinkle some cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow cooling slightly before serving.