This dish went viral thanks to TikTok. It was a fun way to put a spin and crunch on the traditionally soft dish. Of course, we had to try and bring it to our blog in a “kid friendly” way!
For the pasta chips:
- pasta of your choice (use short pasta such as penne, rigatoni, fusilli or farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt to taste
For the cheese dipping sauce:
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese or extra sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Preheat oven or air fryer at 400°F
- Add the pasta to the salted boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to large baking dish.
- Add salt, garlic powder, paprika, Parmesan cheese and olive oil. Mix well until evenly coated.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (depends on pasta shape and size) or until golden brown. Mix every 10-15 minutes to get evenly baked chips. Or make it on the air fryer at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes shaking half way until they are golden brown (this method gave better, crunchier results)
- Meanwhile make the dipping sauce: I a blender or a food processor blend all the ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Serve with the cheese dipping sauce or our Healthy & Delicious Marinara Sauce.