One-Pan Garlic Butter Chicken
One-Pan Garlic Butter Chicken is an easy dinner made in under 20 minutes and full of flavor!
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
- Place chicken in a medium bowl and toss with the spices (salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper).
- In a large skillet, melt over medium low 2 tablespoons of the butter and 4 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Cook the chicken in the butter until all sides are golden brown being careful not to burn the butter. Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet increase heat to medium high, add the remaining 1 teaspoon minced garlic then add the water or chicken broth to de-glaze the pan. Add the remaining butter, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
- Add the asparagus and cook to desired tenderness. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish the chicken and asparagus with more parsley and lemon slices. Serve over brown rice or whole wheat spaghetti.