One Bowl Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Written by COA Nutrition Team On June 10, 2022
These healthy chocolate chip zucchini muffins are an easy, one-bowl recipe. Made with applesauce, yogurt and whole wheat flour, your family will love them!
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- Pan spray
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin pan by greasing the cups with nonstick cooking spray or lining each cup with paper liners.
- Rinse your zucchini well and pat dry. Shred the zucchini using a food processor or hand grater. Dry the shredded zucchini well with either a clean kitchen towel or several paper towels.
- Combine the unsweetened applesauce, brown sugar, egg, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Using a silicone spatula, spoon or whisk, stir until combined well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl. Stir until just combined.
- Add the zucchini and stir to mix with your silicone spatula, spoon or whisk.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way full. Top each muffin with three chocolate chips… or a sprinkle!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove muffins to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.