These Mexican Meatballs are wonderfully spiced, with a ground turkey base for a delicious appetizer, side, or part of a main!
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 15-ounce black beans, canned
- 8-ounce corn, canned
- 2 medium tomatoes, red
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- In a large bowl mix together turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Add meatballs and cook for 4-6 minutes turning to brown all sides.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to skillet with drained corn. Chop tomatoes and stir into skillet with broth, lime juice and cumin. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
- Serve hot with brown rice/quinoa, guacamole and pico de gallo. Or serve as an appetizer!