Kid-Friendly Lemony Baked Salmon
Kids can eat cuisine, like fish, even from a young age! Start them off with this baked salmon and watch them fall in love with fish!
- 12-ounce salmon
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dill, dried, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup rice pilaf
- 1-pound asparagus
- 2 cup pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse fish; pat dry. Zest 1 teaspoon of peel from lemon; set aside. Cut the lemon in half; juice half the lemon.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon peel, herbs, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Spread evenly over the salmon.
- Heat butter in a 12-inch nonstick oven-going skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, herb side down. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip salmon; drizzle with lemon juice. Place pan in oven and bake for 3 to 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While salmon is baking, prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Sauté or steam asparagus.
- Transfer salmon to serving plates; drizzle with pan juices.
- Serve salmon with rice pilaf, asparagus and pineapple.