Italian Chicken Meatloaf
Italian Chicken Meatloaf is the best kind of comfort food! This meatloaf recipe is a twist on a classic and includes tomato sauce, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese and more. It’s ready and on the table in an hour, making it an easy weeknight meal that has fast become a family favorite.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (store-bought or try this recipe for our Healthy & Delicious Marinara Sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spritz a baking dish with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- Place the ground chicken in a large bowl. Add the egg, Parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, onion and garlic on top of the meat. Season with parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until combined. This might take a few minutes and effort since you want to make sure that the ingredients are well-dispersed in the meat.
- Place the meat mixture into the prepared baking dish and form into a loaf. Keep in mind, the taller your meatloaf is, the longer it will take to bake.
- Pour the tomato sauce on top of the meatloaf, and sprinkle additional cheese on it.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the meatloaf is cooked through. The meatloaf’s internal temperature should reach 165°F at the thickest spot.
- Once out of the oven, let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving with your favorite sides.