Immune-Boosting Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Sniffles got you down? You need a bowl of this soul-warming soup! So, makes this immune-boosting? The turmeric! It gives the soup this gorgeous color and helps to fight against all those winter bugs! Turmeric is a strong antioxidant with powerful anti-inflammatory effects!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-pound chicken breast
- 1 cup bell pepper, red
- 1 cup, chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 3 teaspoon garlic
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- ¾ cup wild rice, raw
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup chopped basil, fresh
- Place a large skillet/enamel pan on medium heat and drizzle with olive oil.
- Chop up chicken breast to desired size and let it cook in the pan for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop up bell pepper and onion, add to chicken and stir. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add turmeric, ginger, minced garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and rice and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and then cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk (I used light) and basil and let cook for 3 more minutes. Taste to make sure the rice has cooked through and then serve warm!