Homemade Freezer Friendly Taquitos
The perfect solution for nights you don’t want to cook! These homemade healthy freezer-friendly taquitos are a much better alternative to store-bought frozen taquitos. But they’re just as easy to pull out of the freezer in a moment of need!
- 1 1/2-pound chicken breast
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 14 tortilla, whole wheat
- Cook and shred chicken. I cooked mine in the slow cooker on low for 7 hours with 1/4 cup chicken broth, but you can cook chicken any way you like.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Chop the red pepper into small pieces. Rinse and drain beans.
- Mix together chicken, beans, red bell pepper, Greek yogurt, tomatillo salsa, cumin, and cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly between 14 (6 inches) tortillas. Put the mixture in a line down the middle of the tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place seam side down on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with avocado, sour cream, and/or salsa.
- If freezing, allow cooling. Then place taquitos in a single layer in a large zip-lock bag (or two) and freeze. To reheat, either microwave for about 2-4 minutes (time varies based on how many are being re-heated) or bake at 450°F. for around 10 minutes, checking regularly to make sure they do not burn.