Homemade Chicken or Turkey Nuggets
These nuggets are a huge hit! This recipe is simple, can be made egg free and is best served warm from the oven. You can freeze the nuggets before you cook them or after they have been cooled and cooked.
- 5 uncooked, thin turkey breast cutlets (you could use a pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts)
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup wheat germ (raw)
- 1 egg (you may omit the egg if you wish, see directions below)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- spice mix: sage, thyme, pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- Dice or cut the turkey into small chunks and grind in a food processor.
- Mix the spices together using equal portions. (very small dashes)
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until nicely combined – If you have decided to not use the egg, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Shape mixture into nuggets or logs or anything you please, be sure your hands are moist (dip them into a bowl of water) so that the nuggets will stay together!