Hidden Veggie Pasta
Kids love this delicious dairy-free pasta recipe. Easy and packed with nutrients, the sauce is savory and smooth, even the pickiest eaters wouldn’t know!
- 1-pound cooked short pasta of your preference, reserve 1 cup pasta water
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 large yellow squash
- 1 small shallot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 small red peppers
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/4 cup seasoned toasted panko (optional)
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Chop veggies, and place them in a baking dish with garlic and seasonings. Drizzle with oil, and toss to combine.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until veggies are soft and fragrant.
- Let the vegetables cool slightly, and transfer to a high-speed blender with the reserved pasta water and basil. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta, and toss to coat.
- If you desire, top the pasta with the panko and chives and serve warm.