Healthy Turkey Stroganoff
This recipe is easy, comforting, and a hit across the board.
- 2 teaspoons oil or butter
- 1 small onion, chopped about ½ cup
- 8 ounces sliced mushroom
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 egg noodles
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- a large skillet, heat the oil or butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook another 5-6 minutes until they have cooked down.
- Add the garlic and ground turkey and cook until the turkey is no longer pink about 8 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, and flour to the turkey mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the broth, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow simmering, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Stir the Greek yogurt into the turkey mixture and cook until heated through another minute.
- Serve over the egg noodles. Enjoy!