Healthy Tuna and Quinoa Patties
These tuna and quinoa patties are healthy, high protein, easy to make and very delicious. This easy recipe for tuna cakes is perfect for a simple nutritious midweek dinner.
- 2 cans of white albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 cup Quinoa + 2 cups water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the quinoa add chopped onion, chopped parsley, tuna, eggs and spices. Mix until combined. Form into patties.
- Option 1: In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Option 2: preheat oven to 350°F. Place the patties on a baking trey lined with parchment paper, spray each patty with oil and bake the patties for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- Make the dipping sauce: in a small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients.