Healthy Date Bars
Easiest date bars recipe. These healthy date bars are vegan, no-bake, gluten-free and free of refined sugar. This dessert is the perfect guilt-free snack.
- 14oz Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 ½ cups of chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Natural sunflower butter
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded dry coconut
- 1-2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Prepare an 8-inch square pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Place walnuts in the food processor and process for 20-30 seconds, until crumbly.
- Add pitted dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil, sun butter, coconut, vanilla extract and salt. Process until combined and sticky.
- Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan. Sprinkle some sesame seeds. Use your hands or a spoon to firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into squares or bars.