Healthy Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Easy and healthy cauliflower salad – This quick and easy salad is very refreshing and contains different vegetables, herbs and fibers. One salad that you can serve as a whole meal.
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ bunch parsley
- ¼ bunch mint
- 2 spring onions
- 2oz chopped toasted pumpkin seeds
- 7oz Cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets/Chunks. Working in batches, place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse (in 1-2 second pulses) until the cauliflower has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden, add crushed garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes more. Add cauliflower rice, season with salt and cook for 4-5 minutes, until slightly soften. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile: chop the parsley, mint and green onion. Cut in half cherry tomatoes.
- To the bowl with the cauliflower rice add chickpeas, halved tomatoes, chopped mint, chopped parsley, chopped green onion and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir well.