These Healthy Brownies are a delicious option when you want to share a chocolate treat with your family that’s a little lower in sugar and higher in nutrients. They happen to be seriously fudgy too!
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a blender. Blend very smoothly, starting on low and working up to high, to make a very smooth batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Top with chocolate chips and lightly press into batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until firm to the touch and a cake tester comes out mostly cleanly. (It’s a moist batter, so it may be a little moist in the centers.)
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. Transfer to the fridge to allow it to cool completely before removing it from the pan and slicing.
- Use the foil to transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Slice into squares, clean the knife off between slices if needed, and serve.