Egg Pizza Breakfast
Pizza for breakfast?? Well not exactly… But I am in love with this breakfast! I always have a batch of hard boiled eggs on hand and putting it together like a “pizza” is absolutely delicious, filling and nutritious! Great way to start off the day! There are so many versions you can do with this, but below is my quick and simplest one.
Serves 1-2 (Either 1 half or 1 whole English muffin)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 thick tomato slices
- 1-2 Tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to broil at 400 degrees.
- If you made hard boiled eggs in advance, peel 1 hard boiled egg. If not make a batch to have on hand for this recipe and snacks throughout the week.
- Place English-muffin halves on a cookie sheet.
- Cut tomato in thick slices and place on each of the muffins.
- Slice the hard-boiled egg into ¼ inch pieces and layer on each English muffin.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Add spinach for an extra nutrient punch.
- You can toast the English first, if you like it crunchier.
- I personally don’t think it needs any other seasoning, but you could drizzle a little olive oil and add some sea salt and pepper if desired.
In good health,
Jaime Windrow RD
© Jaime Windrow 2014