Easy Weeknight Veggie Gnocchi
A healthy and delicious meal you can have on the table in just 20 minutes, thanks to store-bought whole wheat gnocchi! Try this easy weeknight dinner that’s cooked in an easy and veggie-packed tomato sauce.
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 28-ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups, spinach
- 16-ounce Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Dice onion and slice mushrooms (if not pre-sliced). Mince garlic.
- Heat a large skillet with high sides (or stockpot) over medium heat. Add olive oil and sauté onions and mushrooms until the onions begin to go translucent (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in diced tomatoes (including the juice) and add Italian seasonings and salt. Add 2 cups of spinach and carefully stir.
- Once spinach wilts, add uncooked gnocchi and stir together. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the gnocchi is cooked. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve warm.