Easy Weeknight Stir-Fry
Stir-fry is a great go-to recipe for a quick and healthy dinner! It’s perfect for using up all the random veggies you have when you’re waiting for your next grocery trip. This recipe has a 5-ingredient easy-as-pie stir-fry sauce!
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, distilled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1-pound beef steak, any cut
- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whisk together the 5 sauce ingredients and set aside. Chop all veggies and slice meat, if not already done. Set rice to cook ahead of time.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat and add chopped onion. Sauté until slightly translucent. Add garlic and veggies and cover, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, cook beef in a separate skillet until brown, then add to veggies.
- Pour sauce over everything and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until veggies are done to liking and sauce has thickened a bit. Sauce will continue to thicken off the heat.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with green onions or sesame seed, if desired.