Easy Instant Pot Butter Chicken
Shredded chicken thighs made incredibly tender in a rich tomato sauce with hints of Indian spices. This Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy family dinner that everyone at the table (babies on up) can enjoy.
- 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (without chili peppers)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (from about 1 1/4-inch piece)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced; or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoonful masala
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fully cooked rice
- Fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or naan bread, optional
- Stir together the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, garam masala, and salt (if using) in the multi-cooker.
- Nestle the chicken into the tomato mixture. Lock the lid and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, press “cancel” and let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then carefully quick-release any remaining pressure. (There may not be any.)
- Chop the chicken in the pot with a pair of kitchen scissors, or shred with two forks.
- Stir in the butter and cream.
- Serve over rice with plain yogurt, chopped or thinly sliced cucumbers, lime juice, cilantro, and/or naan bread as desired.