Chicken Noodle Casserole
This easy chicken noodle casserole is amazing! Filled with chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, other delicious family favorites and a buttery crunchy top.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup crumbled Ritz crackers
- 1 cup butter
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the chicken and noodles.
- Start by cutting your chicken breasts in half. You will poach the chicken in boiling water for about 12 minutes or until the center is no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into small, bite-size pieces. Save the chicken water for the egg noodles. Bring the water back to a boil and cook pasta al dente (slightly under cooked)
- Bring the water back to a boil and cook the egg noodles to al dente (slightly under cooked), according to the package directions. Drain the noodles with a colander.
- A separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- After you drain the water from the egg noodles, combine the noodles and chicken and veggies.
- Combine the soup mixture and the chicken/noodles mixture. You will want to gently stir this together to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Pour into a 3-quart baking dish.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in the microwave and stir in 1 cup crumbled Ritz crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 30 – 45 minutes depending on how brown and crispy you like the top layer.