Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes
Potatoes, cheese and broccoli were meant to be together! These have a yummy sauce and make a great main dish for any dinner.
For the Potatoes
- 6 small potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
For the Sauce
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil (Or Gourmet Garden Paste)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork or knife and then rub the potatoes with olive oil and kosher salt. Individually wrap potatoes in foil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 1 hour, or until tender in the centers when pricked with a fork. You can alternately bake potatoes in the crockpot all day.
- Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add half & half, chicken broth, and shredded rotisserie chicken to the pan. Simmer 10 minutes. Add the fresh basil, ¼ cup parmesan, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Stir until incorporated and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Steam the broccoli florets in a bowl with a lid and 1 Tbsp of water, covered for 2 minutes in the microwave. Drain water, if any.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, remove foil, slice potatoes in half length-wise, scoop out the centers into a bowl, and return the potato skins to the baking sheet. Mash the potato centers with a fork.
- Add sauce and steamed broccoli to the mashed potatoes. Fill the skins, then sprinkle the tops with the remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes (still at 400 degrees Fahrenheit) switching to the broiler the last couple of minutes to let the cheese brown. Serve immediately.