Cheesy Instant Pot Risotto with Spring Veggies
This might be your new favorite Instant Pot recipe yet! Creamy, cheesy risotto in 6 minutes! You can use whatever spring vegetables are available in your fridge! Besides asparagus and cherry tomatoes; zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, peas, mushrooms all go well with this recipe too, use your imagination!
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 1/2 cup asparagus
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup arborio rice
- 3 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2 table spoon lemon juice
- 1 tea spoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, raw
- Press the “sauté” button to get the Instant Pot heated up (make sure it’s on “normal” heat).
- Chop veggies: dice onion very finely, cut asparagus into 1-inch chunks (throwing away the tough ends), and mince garlic. You’ll need about 1 1/2 cups of asparagus once chopped.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the heated Instant Pot, then add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add rice and sauté for another 3 minutes, until just barely starting to toast. Press “cancel” to turn off the sauté function.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and veggies. Scrape the bottom a bit to make sure no rice is stuck. Place the lid on the pot with vent closed, and use “Manual” on high pressure. Select 6 minutes.
- Once the rice finishes cooking, do a quick release by carefully opening the vent to release steam. After the pin drops, open the pot and carefully stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and garnish each serving with a few pinches of lemon zest.