Crispy on the outside, soft inside. These patties are so easy to make and super delicious. Hidden veggies are a plus!
- 1 small head of white cabbage
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 onions minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs. minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive Oil for pan sear
- Chop the cabbage, cook in boiling water for 7-8 minutes, then drain completely.
- Chop the onions and carrots, crush the garlic cloves. Cook the vegetables for few minutes and add crushed garlic. Cook over medium-low heat until become golden.
- In a large bowl place cooked and drained cabbage, cooked veggies, parsley, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and pepper. mix all the ingredients well until incorporated. If needed add more semolina. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil.
- Shape patties from cabbage mixture and pan sear over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes from each side or until golden. Transfer to a kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil.
*serving suggestion: Greek yogurt (plain) or our super healthy dipping sauce and fresh salad.