Brown Sugar Spice Zucchini Muffins
With brown sugar, spices and garden-fresh zucchini, you might have found a new family favorite zucchini muffin. Just a perfect option for breakfast on the go or a sweet afternoon treat!
- 1 3/4 cup shredded – 1 medium zucchini approx. (the smaller the better, for great flavor)
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter or coconut butter or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Butter to grease the muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the muffin tins and set aside. Grate zucchini and set aside. Whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs and set aside. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and the spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine well. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for approximately 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
* To make a loaf instead, pour into a single loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.