Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Very ripe (with brown spots) bananas will give these pancakes the best flavor. These healthy pancakes have a soft texture that is easy for even little kids to chew and they’re satisfying for adults too.
- 2 very ripe medium bananas (about 2 cups sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mash the bananas until smooth.
- Add bananas to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients except the butter. Gently stir together.
- Warm a nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add a small bit of the butter, melt, and spread it around the pan.
- Drop 1/4 cup full of batter onto the pan and spread out thinly to about 1/4-1/2 inch think. Cook for about 3 minutes or until you see bubbles on the surface on the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm with Caramelized Bananas, maple syrup, yogurt, nut butter, or any toppings you like.