Baked Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts
If you’re looking for a fun and easy breakfast for the littles come fall, these Baked Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts are a yummy option. Plus: They’re easy to make and packed with protein and classic pumpkin flavor!
- 1/2 cup nut butter(such as almond, peanut, or sunflower seed butter)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a standard-size donut pan well.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if needed.
- Fill donut-shaped cups about 3/4 full. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to make two batches.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. (You can also use a mini muffin pan and bake for the same time.)
- Let cool for a few minutes and use a paring knife to carefully coerce the donuts out of the pan. Let cool fully on a wire rack.
- Add Icing/toppings after the donuts are fully cooled. (optional)