Baked Banana French Toast Sticks
Make a batch of these super yummy French Toast Sticks to share with the kids. It’s so much easier to bake French Toast, rather than standing by the stove flipping each slice, and the leftovers store so well for future meals!
- 8 slices whole grain or sourdough sandwich bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 small very ripe banana (about ½ cup slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup (or yogurt, nut butter or jam to serve, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 sticks.
- Add the eggs, milk, banana, vanilla, and cinnamon to a blender. Blend until smooth. (Or, skip the blender and mash everything together in a bowl.)
- Dip each piece of bread into the batter, letting the excess drip off. Then place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Flip over and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with toppings or dips such as maple syrup, yogurt, nut butter, jam, or warmed frozen fruit.