Apple Oatmeal Cake Recipe
If you are looking for easy and delicious cake recipe, this quick apple oatmeal cake is for you. Super flavorful and juicy cake. Only few basic ingredients and 10 minutes of work, and you have treat!
- 6 large apples
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1¾ cups rolled oats
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5oz of cold butter
- 3/4 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp for topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. line an 9-inch (22-23cm) spring-form pan with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- In a large bowl mix flour, oats and sugar. In a separate bowl grate peeled apples and mix them with fresh lemon juice. set aside.
- For the first cake layer: grate 2 tablespoons (30g) cold butter on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of the oat mixture, then lightly press. Evenly spread 1/3 of the shredded apples with the juice. Repeat the same process 2 more times: oat mixture (1/3 of the remaining), apple mixture, oat mixture, apple mixture, oat mixture and. Finely, grate the remaining 120g cold butter on top of the cake, sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top. let cool 20 minutes, release from the pan and let cool completely.