4 Ingredient Healthy Crackers
4 Ingredient Cheesy Carrot Crackers – These homemade crackers, made with only 4 real food ingredients, are the perfect healthy snack for kids!
- 1 ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix the grated carrot and water in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook in high for 3 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and then use a clean cloth to squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Put the carrots, cheese and eggs in a food processor and pulse until well blended. You can process them more or less, depending on the texture you want. The more you do, they less obvious the carrot will be.
- Add the flour ¼ cup at a time, pulsing in-between, just until you reach a dough consistency. You don’t want it to be too sticky, or too dry.
- Lightly flour your work surface, roll the dough to ¼-inch-thick and cut to desired shapes. I just used a pizza cutter to cut long strips and then small 1-inch squares.
- Put shapes on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle with a little course sea salt (optional).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are crispy and slightly brown on the edges.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.