15-Minute Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes
Healthy sweet potato salmon cakes that take just 15 minutes to make! They’re flavorful, crispy on the outside, and perfectly moist thanks to the sweet potato. Serve with your favorite salad, veggies, and grains!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can wild salmon, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (or use gluten free breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Coconut oil or olive oil, for cooking
- Place sweet potato cubes into the bowl of a food processor with the blade attached. Pulse in short intervals until the sweet potatoes look very grated.
- Next add in drained wild salmon, egg, panko, cumin, garlic powder into the bowl of the food processor with the sweet potato. Generously season with salt and pepper. Pulse again until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Unplug the food processor and remove the blade. Use your hands to form four even patties about 1/2 inch thick. You’ll need to compact them with your hands so they stick together well. Place on a plate.
- Add coconut oil or olive oil to a nonstick skillet or griddle and place over medium heat. Add each patty to the skillet and cook about 2-4 minutes, until golden brown underneath, then carefully flip patty and cook another 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to buns, lettuce wraps, or on top of a salad.