Zucchini-oat Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft cookies are light and cakey, rather than dense and chewy. Still, melting chocolate chips add their own richness, while oats add texture and nutty flavor. Zucchini — though totally undetectable to either the eye or taste buds — no kid is going to know your little “secret”!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (1 medium)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar in large mixer bowl until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add zucchini; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.