These healthy Zucchini “Meatballs” are delicious served with marinara sauce and pasta. You’ll love this meatless 30-minute meal!
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 large egg
- 1-cup ricotta cheese
- 1-cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 3 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Remove each end of the zucchinis and use a cheese grater to shred into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle salt over shredded zucchini, toss, and let rest for 20 minutes to pull out excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Using a dish towel/cloth squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini.
- Move the zucchini to a dry mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until evenly mixed and form into golf ball-sized balls.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned, flipping halfway through. Makes 15 meatballs
- Serve over whole wheat pasta with our healthy marinara sauce.