With Easter around the corner it’s time to get creative with leftover hard-boiled eggs! This veggie burger recipe is so delicious, they’ll have the whole family begging for more!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- In a sieve or colander, drain zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, salt and cayenne. Gently stir in cooked egg whites.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop batter by scant 2/3 cupful into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion.