Veggie Packed Pizza Pinwheels
This recipe is perfect for parents with picky eaters or with kids who have a hard time with all of the textures and flavors of veggies. Yummy pizza pinwheels are a wonderful way to provide a variety of veggie flavors without overwhelming them.
You and your kids will love every bite!
- 1/4 cup – spinach
- 1/2 medium – bell pepper, green
- 1/4 cup, pieces or slices – mushrooms, white
- 1/2 medium – onion
- 1 medium – tomato, red
- 1 medium – carrot
- 1 medium – zucchini
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cup – mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup – spaghetti or marinara sauce (use our recipe for even more vegetable goodness: Click Here)
- Chop veggies (you will need two cups total of your choice of the vegetables listed) and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Blend in a high-powered blender with marinara sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from the package and place on a lightly floured work surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle, about 12 by 10 inches.
- Begin by spreading about 1 cup of sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch boarder around the edges. If it seems like it needs more, then add 1 or 2 Tbsp. at a time. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Begin rolling the dough until you have one large roll. Slice into 8-12 slices and place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and cooked through the middle.