Vegan Gluten Free Lemon Muffin
Wonderfully moist and fluffy, these gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins are the perfect balance of sweet and tart! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 3 cup oats, dry
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place liners into muffin tin.
- Add 2 ½ cups oats to blender or food processor and blend until a flour-like consistency forms. Add to a large mixing bowl with remaining oats, salt, baking soda, baking powder. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add applesauce, honey, milk and vanilla. Zest both lemons and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to bowl. Mix well.
- Gently add and mix oat mixture into the wet ingredients. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.