Two Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
This has to be the easiest “ice cream” recipe you ever came across. It is just the sort of dessert to please everyone at the table – the vegans, the lactose-intolerant, the paleo enthusiasts, the picky children. Just toss four frozen bananas into a blender add some vanilla extract or even scrape a fresh vanilla bean, if you feel fancy, and give it a swirl!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel the bananas, cut them in 2- to 3-inch chunks and place them in a freezer bag in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from the bag and blend in a blender with the vanilla extract until smooth.
- Serve immediately, or freeze in an airtight container for at least 2 hours. Scoop and serve.
- Consider adding a spoonful of peanut butter, Nutella or honey; a handful of chocolate chips or almonds (serving suggestions).