Tropical Chicken & Rice Bake Dinner
An all-in-one chicken bake with tropical and bright flavors, yet the comfort of a baked dinner meal.
- 2 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup of raw brown rice
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 15 ounce of pineapple tidbits
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 stalk of green onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mince garlic and add to a mixing bowl with brown sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth and rice.
- Dice onion and bell peppers; add to the mixing bowl along with the canned pineapple (do not drain).
- Cut chickens into 1 inch pieces and add to mixing bowl. Stir to combine; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon as directed on package and crumble. Slice green onions.
- After baking for 20 minutes, remove foil; stir, sprinkle with cooked bacon and sliced green onions.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes. Rice should be tender and the chicken cooked through.