Ready to give tofu a chance? This is the way to go…
These Tofu “fries” are a highly nutritious, protein-rich option for lunch, dinner or even a snack. Kid Approved!
- One 8 ounces extra firm tofu block
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp. dry thyme
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Salt and pepper to taste
(Serving suggestion: Organic ketchup on the side)
- Drain the tofu and slice it into sticks (about ½ inch by 2 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and pour it in a plate. In another plate combine the breadcrumbs with the thyme, season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat all the sticks with the egg and the breadcrumbs, in that order.
- Over medium-high heat coat a large sauté pan with olive oil. Place the coated tofu sticks in the pan when its hot enough to make a sizzling sound. Pan-sear all the sides of the sticks until golden-brown. Sprinkle more salt if necessary.
- Serve them warm with organic ketchup on the side.