Taco Soup in the Rice Cooker
Healthy, easy, and delicious this rice cooker tortilla soup is the tastiest comfort food in under 30 minutes. (PSA: Tortilla chips do help with the wow-ness factor).
- ½ medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 1-pound chicken breast
- 5 cups of chicken broth, low-sodium
- 14 ½ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- ½ cup brown rice, raw
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 2 medium carrot
- ½ cup black beans, canned
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Chop an onion and garlic and put it at the bottom of a HOT rice cooker with some oil to get it to start browning.
- While the rice cooker is heating up the onions and garlic, dice your chicken.
- Add chicken to rice cooker and cook until browned.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, brown rice, and drained corn. Drain and rinse black beans, peel and dice carrots; add to cooker.
- Turn rice cooker on to “brown rice” setting, if yours has one. Otherwise, turn it on for at least 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Place the portions in serving bowls and top them off with cracked tortilla chips right before serving!