Spinach and Chicken Stuffed Crepes
A great way to use up leftover chicken! Quick to make, different and full of vegetable goodness. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooked and well drained spinach (you can use the frozen kind too)
- Olive oil (for greasing pan)
- ½ cup minced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Make the filling; Sauté onion and garlic in butter until it begins to brown. Add the shredded chicken, the starch dissolved in the milk, the broth and the nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- In a blender, beat the dough ingredients until smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat an oil-coated 15 cm diameter frying pan and prepare the pancakes: spread about 3 tablespoons of dough over the bottom, and as soon as it comes off, turn to brown the other side. Stack on a plate.
- Stuff and roll the crepes. Place them in an olive oil greased Pyrex. Serve them warm (preheated oven at 300 °F for 10 min) or room temperature.