Slow Cooker Cuban-Style Beef
This heart-healthy and low calorie Cuban-style recipe will awaken your taste buds.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 c. pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Salt and Pepper
- Rub one beef chuck roast with oregano, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high until very hot. Brown roast on all sides. Transfer to 6- to 7-quart slow cooker bowl.
- To skillet, add onions, green and red peppers, garlic, water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook on medium-high 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring. Add rushed tomatoes. Simmer 4 minutes, stirring. Transfer vegetables and liquids to slow cooker bowl.
- Cover; cook 10 hours on Low or until tender.
- Shred meat (discard fat and gristle). With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to large serving bowl. Stir in meat, pimiento-stuffed green olives, and 1/4-teaspoon salt. Serve with yellow Spanish rice, white or brown rice or quinoa. Garnish with parsley, if desired.