Shredded Veggie Pizza Sandwiches
The shredded vegetables are a fun and colorful addition to a classic grilled cheese sandwich, and make them super healthy too!
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 oz. of mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium carrots
- 8 slice of bread, whole wheat is preferred
- 1/2 cup of spaghetti or marinara sauce (use our veggie-packed recipe)
- Heat a sauté pan to medium high.
- Shred Zucchini and carrots, slice bell peppers and shred mozzarella.
- Lay bread out – on one side add a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce.
- Top with bell pepper rings, shredded zucchini, shredded carrots and cheese.
- Top with other slice of bread.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Add sandwiches, and spray the tops of the sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Cook on each side 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into fourths and wrap in tin foil to send to school, or eat right away.